Changes in technology-related services offered by Beaman Library are detailed below. Please call the Library at 508-835-3711 with any questions.
Recently, the Beaman Library strengthened the wireless signal so that Wi-Fi is now available from nearby parking spaces! While we are unable to allow patrons inside the Library for computer use, we hope that this change lessens some of the burden for those relying upon the Library for internet access. Please come and make use of this improved signal at any time that is convenient for you! This program is supported in part by a grant from the West Boylston Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
Computers, Printing and Copying
Computers and a printer/copier are available for use on the Main Floor of the Library. You may visit the Library to use these services during our regular hours.
The Library has the following public access computers and other technology equipment:
- 4 computer workstations with internet access are available for adults on a first-come, first-served basis. A library card is not required for access to the computers.
- 1 computer is available for students in 6th-12th grade in the Young Adult area.
- 2 computers with internet access and 2 computers with games are available for children in the Children’s Room.
- WIFI is available throughout the building.
- To improve you computer skills, visit the Computer Tutorials page.
Please refer to the following guidelines when visiting the Library to use the computers and/or printer:
- Masks are required.
- Use hand sanitizer when you enter the Library.
- You may use the computer for 30 minutes with an option to extend your session up to 30 minutes.
- If you intend to use the printer/copier, please bring exact change with you.
- Black and white printing from the Library computers is available on the Main Floor. If using the Kyocera printer, the first 10 pages on recycled paper are free and then $.10 per page.
- A self-service Canon printer/photocopier is available to the public on the Main Floor as well. The charge for black and white printing or copying is $.15 per page for 8 1/2 x 11 and $.20 for legal or 11x17. The charge for color printing or copies is $.50 for 8 1/2 x 11 and $.70 for legal or 11 x 17.
- The machine accepts $1 bills, $5 bills and coins, and makes change in coins only. Coins are in short supply, so we appreciate you bringing exact change whenever possible.
- Food and beverages are not allowed.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks, are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing) or been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or been advised to quarantine, please do not visit the Library.
If you need assistance with printing or copying, please ask the staff!
Faxing Services Available
Beaman staff are happy to help you with faxes as well. In order to send a fax, please:
- fill out a cover sheet that includes the name and fax number for the recipient, your contact information and the number of pages (including the cover sheet) being faxed
- ensure that documents are single sided, and on 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- If you are able to make a donation for faxing services, we ask that you please bring exact change. Suggested donation is $1.00/page.