Changes in technology-related services offered by Beaman Library are detailed below. Please call the Library at 508-835-3711 with any questions.
Recently, the Beaman Library strengthened the wireless signal so that Wi-Fi is now available from nearby parking spaces! While we are unable to allow patrons inside the Library for computer use, we hope that this change lessens some of the burden for those relying upon the Library for internet access. Please come and make use of this improved signal at any time that is convenient for you! This program is supported in part by a grant from the West Boylston Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
Printing Services Available
If you have a document that you would like printed, please follow the steps listed on the website:
- Contact the Library via telephone at 508-835-3711 and tell the staff member that you would like to arrange to have a document printed.
- The staff member will ask you to email your prepared document to email@example.com. (Please see instructions regarding email below.)
- The staff member will tell you a time and/or day that your document will be ready for pickup in our Newton Street vestibule.
- When you arrive to pick up your document, please leave your payment in a sealed envelope in the return box, also located in the vestibule. We are unable to make change at this time, so please make sure you include exact change.
- Your document will be in a brown bag labeled with your last name and pinned to the end of the holds shelf in the Newton Street vestibule.
- Please understand that this service is intended for small jobs and is limited to staff availability. We will do our best to accommodate your request but it is based on availability.
- Staff cannot reproduce copyrighted materials.
In your email, please include:
- an attachment of the document you would like printed, pdf is preferable
- how many copies of the document you would like printed
- if you would like the copies on clean paper ($0.15/page in black and white, $0.50/page in color) or recycled paper (no charge for up to ten pages but there is printing on the back of the page)
- a phone number where you can be reached in case of questions
Please note, while we are more than happy to provide this service, we are unable to format or otherwise alter any documents that are to be printed.
Copying Services Available
In addition to printing services, Library staff can make limited copies by appointment. To make an appointment please call the Library at 508-835-3711. At the time of your appointment, please come to the Newton Street vestibule entrance with your prepared documents. The staff member will make copies while you wait outside the Library. You may need to come back at a later time to pick up your items. Please have your exact payment ready in an envelope (regular size copies are $0.15/page in black and white or $0.50/page in color, more for legal size.) Once your copies are ready, the staff member will bring your items out to you and accept payment.
Faxing Services Available
To make an appointment for faxing please call the Library at 508-835-3711. Once you make an appointment, you will need to:
- fill out a cover sheet that includes the name and fax number for the recipient, your contact information and the number of pages (including the cover sheet) being faxed
- ensure that documents are single sided, and on 8 1/2 x 11 paper
- If you are able to make a donation for faxing services, we ask that you please bring exact change in an envelope. Suggested donation is $1.00/page.
Please understand that same day service may not always be possible. This service is intended for small jobs and is limited to staff availability. Copyright restrictions apply.