Book Links for Kids
- Top 100 Best Children's Books (recommended by educators)
- Books in Series - The Mid-Continent Public Library in Missouri does a terrific job of tracking series books.
- EAR books search
- New Chapter Books
- New Kids Picture Books recently purchased
- Scholastic Go! from Grolier
- Scholastic Book Wizard
- Tumble Books for Kids - This online resource provided by the Library allows kids offers both read-to-me and read along versions of children's books for all ages. See the E-Books for Kids page for more information
- Storynory - Free online audio books which can be streamed online or downloaded.
- Books Should be Free - Free online audio books which can be streamed online or downloaded.
Based on the Book
- Books and Games - Games based on popular books, from Harper Collins
- Captain Underpants - Website with activities based on Dav Pilkey's books
- Suessville - Games and parent/child activities
- Code.org - Learn Computer Science
- Learn Scratch - Make interactive stories, games, and animations with
Fun and Games - Create
- Fun Brain - Educational games, online books, and comics for kids ages preschool through grade 8
Learn and Play
- ABCya - Free educational kids computer games and activities created or approved by certified school teachers and modeled from primary grade lessons.
- Discovery Kids - A variety of free games from the Discovery Channel
- Free Online Chess for kids - Learn to play chess. Create you own log-in.
- Geocaching - "Real" treasure hunts using a GPS device to search for hidden caches
- Great Websites for Kids from the American Library Association
- Kids Pages - Environmental Health for Kids from NIH
- Kids Play Games - free online games that are both fun and educational aimed at ages pre-K through middle school.
- Bob the Builder - Games and activities
- Nick Jr. - Games and activities based on Nick Jr. shows
- Sesame Street - Sesame Street fun and activities
Databases and Homework Help Sites
- Kid's InfoBits - Gale Cengage Learning Site
- InfoTrac Junior - Great resource for older elementary students