- Biographies of Famous Artists
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of Fine Arts Boston
- National Gallery of Art
- Biographical Dictionary
- Academy of Achievement: Biographical information on people in the The Arts, Business, Public Service, Science & Exploration or Sports.
- American History Biographies: 92 Biographies on historical figures from the Revolution to Reconstruction and beyond.
- Search for Anyone at Biography.com: Find written informaton and video clips about famous people.
- Mango Languages - Learn to speak one of 63 languages using this online resource accessible with your Beaman Library card. You will progress through lessons that include seeing the language in print, hearing a native speaker, and learning phrases commonly used when traveling.
- Citation Machine
- Easy Bib
- Fact Monster
- RefSeek.com - Searches more than one billion documents, including web pages, books, encyclopedias, journals, and newspapers.
- Wikipedia Library
- World Atlas and Map Library
History & Social Science
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Middle School: Provides links to historical documents, information about our nation, branches of the government, how laws are made, the election process, citizenship and national vs. state government.
- Historical Documents through the ages - Full text version of historical documents
- The National Archives: Search for historical documents, primary sources, motion picture films, maps, charts, sound and video recordings.
- Library of Congress: American Memory- This site offers a storehouse of information. Search the collections, go to the learning page or access the global gateway with links to cultures and additional resources.
- Massachusetts History Online Accessible with your valid Beaman Library card.
- The White House: Keep up with current events and issues in the news, take a virtual tour of The White House, or find out about pending legislation.
- A+ Research & Writing for high school and college students.
- Elements of Style Online
- Fact Monster Writing Skills Page:Tips for writing an essay.
- One Look Dictionary Search (search 118 dictionaries at once)
- Poetry 180: a poem a day
- Rhyming Dictionary
- Spark Notes: Search books alphabetically to find a book summary, analysis and study tools.
- Amusement Park Physics
- The Animal Diversity Web is an online database of animal natural history, distribution, classification and conservation biology from the University of Michigan.
- Design Squad from PBS
- Environmental Science from the EPA
- Global Warming from the Cato Institute represents the view of skeptics
- Eric Weisstein's World of Science featuring Astronomy, Math, Chemistry & Physics
- How Stuff Works
- Science Project Resources
- United States Global Change Research
- Working Together for the Environment and the Economy: a nonpartisan source for information on climate change
Access My Library®
Log into this easy-to-use free app to access the Gale holdings. It will use geolocation to connect you to the closest library giving you access to the Gale databases on-the-go.