Ongoing Book Discussion Groups
Share your love of books with others!
Please call or email the Library at least 24 hours prior to each program to register.
The Adult Book Discussion Group meets on the third Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m. Titles selected are available for borrowing via Overdrive and Libby. Several hard copies of the selected title will also be available for borrowing from the Library. Please call 508-835-3711 to reserve a physical copy. See our past lists for 2018-2019, and 2017-2018.
- Thursday, January 21: Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- Thursday, February 18: Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- Thursday, March 18: The Convert by Stefan Hertmans
- Thursday, April 15: Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
- Thursday, May 20: Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- Thursday, June 17: The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks
- Thursday, July 15: The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Thursday, August 19: The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendrcks and Sarah Pekkanen
- Thursday, September 16: The Humans by Matt Haig
- Thursday, October 21: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
- Thursday, November 18: The Daughters of Erietown by Connie Schultz
The Nonfiction Book Group meets on the last Friday of every other month at 1 p.m. Titles selected are available for borrowing via Overdrive and Libby. Several hard copies of the selected title will also be available for borrowing from the Library. Please call 508-835-3711 to reserve a physical copy.
- Friday, January 29: Crazy for the Storm: A Memoir of Survival by Normal Ollestad
- Friday, February 26: a nonfiction book you have read recently
- Friday, March 26: The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- Friday, April 30: a nonfiction book you have read recently
- Friday, May 21: The Woman Behind the New Deal by Kirstin Downey
- Friday, June 25: a nonfiction book you have read recently
- Friday, July 30: Thinking in Pictures: And Other Reports From My Life with Autism by Temple Grandin
- Friday, August 27: a nonfiction book you have read recently
- Friday, September 24: Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- Friday, October 29: a nonfiction book you have read recently
- Friday, November 19: Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
Mystery Book Group: Check back with us to see when this book group will meet again. Join fellow mystery readers to discuss an interesting mystery novel.
Library staff is always happy to help you find your next great book. The Book Lover's Links to the left will guide you to websites full of book recommendations, books in a series, book club suggestions and audio book recommendations.
The database NoveList Plus is a subscription database which contains tools to help you find author read-a-likes, or similar titles based on content identifiers. You can access Novelist Plus from inside the library here. Or access Novelist Plus from outside the library using your Beaman Library card will be required to log in. Novelist is provided by C/WMARS.
The October issue of BookPage is available! Access the most recent issue online. Or next time you stop by the Library take a copy of the most recent issue home! If something catches your eye, visit the online catalog to place a hold on items that you would like to borrow!