Using the CWMARS Digital Catalog
Your library card and software provided by Overdrive give you access to free digital content! Libraries throughout Central and Western Massachusetts have contributed eBook and Audiobook content to the CWMARS Digital Catalog. And now magazines are available too! You can browse, download and read eBooks, audiobooks or magazines to your heart's content on your prefered device. The Overdrive app is available for download to your tablet, phone or e-reader.
Getting Started with OverDrive
The process of downloading eBooks and audiobooks varies by device. Learn how to download to your particular device by following these steps:
1. Download the OverDrive App for your device.
2. Navigate to the CWMARS Digital Catalog (cwmars.overdrive.com).
3. Make sure your library choice displays CWMARS patrons.
4. Enter your CWMARS library card number (without spaces), and password or pin.
5. Click Sign In.
If you are having difficulty, look at one of the OverDrive tutorials in the right column.
Meet Libby, the new, one-tap reading app!
Libby is the new app for borrowing digital books, audiobooks and magazines. It is available for Android, iOS, and Windows 10.
To get started:
1. Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
2. Click I'll Search for a Library.
3. Type in CW MARS and select it from the list
4. Click Enter Library Account Details.
5. Enter your CWMARS library card number (without spaces), and password or pin. **
6. Click Sign In, then Next.
Search the CWMARS Digital catalog for items you want to borrow. ebooks, audiobooks and magazines can be borrowed for 7, 14 or 21 days. The default is 14 days. Magazines are always available. Streaming video can be borrowed for 3, 5 or 7 days. The default is 5 days. Patrons can change the default by logging into their account settings at cwmars.overdrive.com.
Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
• Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
• Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
Boston Public Library's eCard
Massachusetts residents can sign up for a Boston Public Library eCard via the web! BPL eCards are virtual library cards that allow users immediate access to Boston Public Library's extensive electronic resources - from archaeology and genealogy to history and science, homework help, historical newspapers, downloadable audio, video, music, magazines and more!
For more information about eCards, please visit BPL's eCard FAQ