Ongoing Book Discussion Groups
Share your love of books with others!
Please call or email the Library at least 24 hours prior to each program to register.
The Adult Book Discussion Group meets on the third Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m. Titles selected are available for borrowing via Overdrive and Libby. Physical copies of the selected title will also be available for borrowing from the Library's circulation desk one month prior to the discussion.
- Thursday, November 18: The Daughters of Erietown by Connie Schultz
- Thursday, December 16: Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder
- Thursday, January 20: Every Hidden Thing by Ted Flanagan
- Thursday, February 17: Waisted by Randy Susan Meyers
- Thursday, March 17: A Widow's Story by Joyce Carol Oates
- Thursday, April 21: Long Bright River by Liz Moore
- Thursday, May 19: That Churchill Woman by Stephanie Barron
- Thursday, June 16: Flight of the Sparrow by Amy Belding Brown
- Thursday, July 21: Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis
- Thursday, August 18: Normal People by Sally Rooney
- Thursday, September 15: The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
- Thursday, October 20: The Children's Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin
- Thursday. November 17: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
The Nonfiction Book Group meets on the last Friday of every other month at 1 p.m. Titles selected are available for borrowing via Overdrive and Libby. Physical copies of the selected title will also be available for borrowing from the Library's circulation desk one month prior to the discussion.
- Friday, November 19: Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
- Friday, January 28: Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finkel
- Friday, February 25: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval N Harari
- Friday, March 25: Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive by Stephanie Land
- Friday, April 29: The Shepherd's Life by James Rebanks
- Friday, May 20: Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud, and the Last Trial of Harper Lee by Casey Cep
- Friday, June 24: Remember: The Science of Memory and the Art of Forgetting by Lisa Genova
- Friday, July 22: Rin Tin Tin by Susan Orlean
- Friday, August 26: Why Fish Don't Exist by Lulu Miller
- Friday, September 30: Sudden Sea: The Great Hurricane of 1938 by R. A. Scotti
- Friday, October 28: Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard
- Friday, November 18: The Anthropocene Reviewed: Essays on a Human-Centered Planet by John Green
Library staff is always happy to help you find your next great book. The Book Lover's Links to the left will guide you to websites full of book recommendations, books in a series, book club suggestions and audio book recommendations.
The database NoveList Plus is a subscription database which contains tools to help you find author read-a-likes, or similar titles based on content identifiers. You can access Novelist Plus from inside the library here. Or access Novelist Plus from outside the library using your Beaman Library card will be required to log in. Novelist is provided by C/WMARS.