Search for books,
cd's, videos, etc.
|Helpful Websites by Subject ?
Here are subject related links to
help you with a project!
- Mango Languages - Learn to speak one of 63 languages using this online resource accessible with your Beaman Library card. You will progress through lessons that include seeing the language in print, hearing a native speaker, and learning phrases commonly used when traveling.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Middle School: Provides links to historical documents, information about our nation, branches of the government, how laws are made, the election process, citizenship and national vs. state government.
Documents through the ages - Full text version of historical documents
- The National Archives: Search for historical documents, primary sources, motion picture films, maps, charts, sound and video recordings.
- Library of Congress:
American Memory - This site offers a storehouse of information. Search the collections, go
to the learning page or access the global gateway with links to cultures
and additional resources.
- Massachusetts History Online Accessible with your valid Beaman Library card.
- The White House: Keep up with current events and issues in the news, take a virtual tour of The White House, or find out about pending legislation.
- Kahn Academy: Excellent videos explaining pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry and precalculus, calculus, probability and statistics and more.
- Wolfram MathWorld: The web's most extensive math resource
- Calculus 101: Automatic calculus
and algebra help
Encyclopedia Mythica -
Extensive coverage of mythology and folklore worldwide.
- Fact Monster Mythology Site: Gods, Heroes, Myths, Monsters and Muses explained. Great source for Middle School.
- Greek Mythology.com: Learn about Olympian Gods, Titans, Other gods, Myths and Creatures. There is also a Family tree for the principal gods.
SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- Design Squad from PBS
- Engineer’s Edge - Specifications, specialized
calculators, data, equations and more for product designers and
- Engineering Your Life A guide to engineering for High School girls.
- Manufacturing is Cool This award-winning website is just plain fun. My favorite sections are Fabricating Fashions and Snacking Solutions.
- The Animal Diversity Web is an online database of animal natural history, distribution, classification and conservation biology from the University of Michigan.
- The Encyclopedia of Life: This site is being developed to provide information about every species on Earth